September 28, 2008

Breakfast, Snack, Dessert, doesn't matter!


I made this tonight to take to work on Tuesday for a meeting. I just had to sneak a taste though so I ate one of the end pieces that was a little darker than the rest.

Oh my gosh this has a great flavor and is so tasty. I can't wait to have everyone taste this on Tuesday.

Honey-Spice Cake

1 spray cooking spray
1 1/2 cups AP Flour (I used 1 cup AP and 1/2 cup wheat)
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. allspice (I didn't have any so I used nutmeg)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
2 T canola oil
1/2 cup honey, dark (I didn't want to use all of our really good honey from the local farm so I cut it with half of the Agave Nectar we had left in the pantry)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. lemon zest (I omitted this - I didn't plan on making this today so I had no lemons)
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350. Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Set aside.
In another bowl beat the eggs with an electirc mixer, add sugar, oil and honey. Beat until combined and pale yellow. Stir in applesauce and lemon zest.
Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the egg mixture using electric mixer. Mix until combined.
Spoon batter into pan and sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Cook in pan for 15-20 minutes and then remove and cool on wire rack.

12 Servings.

No comments: