October 17, 2009

Crock Pot Thai


As I've said before, the hubs and I love Thai food. To find a crock pot Thai recipe was incredibly exciting - because it meant coming home to a cooked meal!
I found this recipe at Cara's Cravings. I strayed from her recipe a bit based on what I had in the house. Her blog is great - she makes wonderful low carb and low fat foods. Do check it out!

So the link above goes to her recipe that is lower fat and cal than mine probably ended up being. Since mine was cooking all day - I added the whole can of coconut milk and a can of chicken stock so I upped the seasonings from below and I'll put that in brackets for you.

Either way it was incredibly delicious. I shredded my chicken up because it was so tender and I served it over Bastami rice with some sugar snap peas that we steamed. Delish!!!
Crockpot Coconut Peanut Curry Chicken

10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I put mine in frozen)
salt and pepper (I omitted)
1 garlic clove minced (I used a couple of cloves)
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger (I probably upped this to a T)
1 T curry powder (I ended up using 2-3)
1/2 tsp ground coriander (I think I ended up using a few tsp.)
1 jalapeno pepper minced (I only used half of a jalapeno)
1 cup light coconut milk (I just used the whole can)
**I added 1 can of chicken stock, fat free low sodium**
1/2 tsp. coconut extract (omitted since I didn't have but need to buy, it helps bring out the coconut flavors)
4 T of PB2 - the powdered PB you add water too (I didn't have this so I used 4T of natural PB)
juice from 1/2 lime (I used a whole lime and I also put in the lime zest)
1 large scallion chopped
2 tbs fresh cilantro
rice or cauli-rice

Pour the seasonings and sauces in the crock pot. I used a whisk here to break the PB up. Place chicken in crock pot. I let mine cook on low all day and then shredded and serve over rice and topped with cilantro.

Will certainly make this one again!

No comments: