October 17, 2009

Green Fish?


I found this recipe on Proceed with Caution. It sounded delicious so I knew it had to get made in our house. I used some fresh bass that we had in our freezer from the hubs many fishing trips out this season. So you can easily use another white fish if you don't have Tilapia.

I had such wonderful high hopes for this recipe. And it was so delicious. However, if you are one that is prone to heart burn and doesn't do well with spice, skip it. I woke up and was up most of
the night with the worst heart burn I've ever had in my entire life. Too much raw ginger and jalapeño. Which is so sad because it was such delicious fish!!!

If you have a strong stomach, I'd totally say go forth and make this dish. If you are sensitive like me - you may want to pass on this one.
Cilantro Ginger Tilapia

1 clove garlic, peeled
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded (I used half)
1 piece fresh ginger, 1 inch peeled and chopped
3 T lime juice
1 cup cilantro leaves
3 T olive oil
salt and pepper
tilapia fillets

Combine garlic, jalapeño, ginger, lime and cilantro in a blender and blend - slowly drizzle in the oil. season with salt and pepper. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. **Here the recipe has you prepare the fish in a skillet - but I opted for baking in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes, remember bass is thicker than tilapia so judge accordingly if you choose to bake.** Place fish in a baking dish with pam, season fish with salt and pepper and top with some of the sauce and bake. You can then top the cooked fish with additional sauce.

No comments: