November 30, 2009

How Can This Be Bad?!


Bacon
Cream
Mushrooms

How can that be a bad combo right?

It's not - don't worry - I'm not misleading you.

This is by far one of the easiest and tastiest soups I've made this season so far - recipe courtesy of my friend Pam.

Do make this! You won't regret it - your thighs might, but your taste buds will not. But in actuality you can lighten this up quite easily - which is what I did. I also don't like big pieces of mushrooms in my mushroom soup, so I took the immersion blender to the pot before serving it up to chop up the mushrooms roughly.

Creamy Bacon Mushroom Soup
10 strips diced bacon - I only used 4 or 5 strips - just enough to top our bowls with
1 Pound(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
1 chopped onion
3 Clove(s) minced garlic
1 Quart(s) whipping cream - I used light cream
14 1/2 Ounce(s) can chicken broth - used fat free
5 Ounce(s) package shredded Swiss cheese
3 Tablespoon(s) cornstarch - I don't use cornstarch, I use potato spuds to thicken soups up. I still combined it with the seasonings though and then added it all at once.1/2 Teaspoon(s) salt
1/2 Teaspoon(s) black pepper
3 Tablespoon(s) water

In a soup kettle or large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 T drippings. In the drippings, saute mushrooms, onion & garlic. Stir in cream & broth. Gradually stir in cheese until melted.

In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, pepper & water until smooth. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook & stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon.


Doesn't this look sinful??

No comments: