November 30, 2009

How on earth...

Have I not posted this recipe yet?!?
I made this - back on October 13th and I still haven't blogged it? Dear heavens I'm so behind!

I adore peanut sauce, and I am very picky and have never found a recipe I adore yet. I try them, but none strike me just as what I'm looking for.

So when one of my favorite blogs evah (yeah I'm in New England, get used to it!) posted this recipe I knew I needed to make this STAT - my weekend depended on it!

Once again, the recipe did not disappoint - it was EXACTLY what I was looking for in a peanut sauce for noodles, pork, chicken, or with a spoon and a good trashy novel! ahhh I digress.

You seriously need to make these - FAN FRIGGING-TASTIC!! My changes are next to the text.

Peanut Butter Noodles

Ingredients:
2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced or shredded, optional) - I just used some diced pork I had in the freezer
8 ounces pasta (such a spaghetti, linguini, or vermicelli) - I made a whole pound so I would have leftovers, yeah you'll want to do the same.
¼ cup peanuts - double
¼ cup green onions (chopped) - omitted
Sauce- I doubled the whole kitten-caboodle!
½ cup chicken broth
1 ½ tablespoons ginger root (minced)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 ½ tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons hot Chile paste (optional) I omitted this but added some dried red pepper flakes instead. worked fine!
3 garlic cloves (minced)

Step 1: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain.
Step 2: While noodles are cooking in a medium saucepan combine chicken broth, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, and Chile paste. Cook over medium heat while stirring until the peanut butter melts and mixture is smooth and well blended.
Step 3: Add noodles into a large serving bowl, add chicken, pour the sauce over the noodles and toss to coat. Garnish with peanuts and green onions

I also added in some water chestnuts and sugar snap peas to get some veggies in - just used a frozen pack.

No comments: