February 28, 2010

Turning Japanese...


And a little Chinese too I guess!

I decided to wing it the other night for dinner... I had Tofu to use up in the fridge, some Vegetarian Goyza in the freezer and some edamame kicking around too.

I made a killer Miso Soup! I mean SO good!!! I will completely make this again. The dumplings I pan fried and then steamed and boiled up the soy beans - easy dinner.

Ok, so here's my Miso Soup Recipe

1 package lite extra firm tofu cut in to small cubes
1 box plus 1 can fat free and low sodium chicken broth or veggie broth
2 sheets of nori, cut in to small pieces
2 green onions, sliced thin - greens and whites
1 T Ginger Miso Salad Dressing (from Whole Foods or another brand)
1-2 T rice wine vinegar (depending on your love of vinegar)
1-2 T reduced sodium soy sauce (to taste)

Place broth in pot and whisk in the miso dressing then add the vinegar and soy sauce. Add in the green onion and nori, let simmer for a few minutes. Then add in your diced tofu and let simmer on low for 5 minutes until the tofu is warmed. ENJOY!!!

No comments: