March 28, 2010

Salmon with a Kick


I adore salmon - the hubs, he'll eat it if I force him to.

I found this recipe at the blog Slimming Eats - great blog for those looking for light meals.

Since I had some delicious pieces of salmon in the freezer from Trader Joe's I wanted to give this recipe a shot with it. I figured since it wasn't just the basic baked salmon, but salmon with a bit of spice and kick, the hubs might enjoy it as well.

He did enjoy it, thought the meal had an incredible flavor. So this recipe may be the only way I get him to eat salmon in the future.

I should note - he will eat salmon sushi and smoked salmon - it's actual cooked salmon he doesn't love.

Honey, Lime and Chili Salmon

2 salmon fillets
1 garlic clove crushed
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons honey
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400
In a bowl mix all of the dry ingredients together and then sprinkle these on the salmon. (Note I sprayed my baking dish with Pam first to prevent sticking)
Add the lime and honey to a bowl and mix and pour on top of salmon.

Bake for 20 minutes until cooked through. (Note the recipe from Slimming Eats called for covering the fish, but I didn't do that)

I served with some mini roasted potatoes from Trader Joe's that just roasted up so crispy yet still tender - they were wonderful!

No comments: