October 7, 2010

Oh Slimming Eats....

How do I love your blog! You cook with great flavors and ease and it's always a good meal when I venture to your site!

Thank you for this recipe, to my readers and friends, you MUST make this. Again, following our craze of all things Thai, Chinese or Indian at our house - we added another to the must keep in the rotation pile!

The Chili Beef Noodles from Slimming Eats was killer! Flavorful, fresh, lite, quick and a hint of spicy warmth from the chilis. Now I did alter a bit, and I really wish I had a thinner rice noodle I used but, eh, either way it was still delicious. And can I tell you how FAST this meal came together? I mean, I got home from the gym and started dinner and 20 minutes later in walked the hubs and dinner was merely a few minutes from being done. No word of a lie!

ENJOY! I hope you like it as much as we did!

Chili Beef Noodles - with my changes - recipe as is posted at link above.
Ingredients
1 lb. lean ground beef - you could also use turkey
1 packet of extra thin rice noodles
3 T soy sauce, reduced soidum
1 teaspoon of chilli pepper paste
1 head napa cabbage, roughly chopped
1 T fresh ginger grated
1-2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup of chicken stock
Pam

Place the noodles in a pan of boiling hot water and soak for approx 15 mins. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside
Spray a Wok or frying pan with Pam (If you're using beef you don't need to spray)
Add the beef, chilli paste and soy sauce and cook until browned.
Add the napa cabbage and ginger and cook for a further couple of mins
Add the stock, noodles and spring onion and simmer until all stock has been absorbed.
Add the noodles to the pan and toss to combine.
Serve and eat, eat, eat!

No comments: