October 7, 2010

So that's what that was a picture of...


I had a picture saved on the computer of a meal we obviously ate, but the hubs and I kept looking at it and we could not remember what on earth it was - since it had been about two months since we ate it to when I downloaded photos. *UPDATE - I guess I didn't delete this photo - I just found it! See, now doesn't that look so good you want to add it to your menu this week!?*

Then today, going through my reader I came across a recipe and went, WAIT, that was it! Too bad I already deleted those photos though.

Now, my lack of remembering what the photo was a dish of is hardly a case for how this meal tasted because we both remembered it was a REALLY killer dinner and so easy and good - hearty, filling, warm, comforting.

So I'm sorry I don't have a picture, but make this - it's got great warmth of flavor and is good on these cool fall nights now.

Thank you to Simply Recipes for yet another great meal on my table.

Curried Ground Turkey with Potatoes (recipe as is at the link- how I made it below)
A few sprays of Pam
1 pound ground turkey
1 chopped onion
2 chopped garlic cloves
1-2 teaspoons chili sauce/paste
1 T grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp garam masala
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 can petite diced tomatoes (you can use fresh, but they didn't look great at the market so canned it was)
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Spray pan with Pam and then add the ground turkey and cook to brown. .
Add the chopped onion. Stir and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion begins to color a bit. Sprinkle salt over everything.
Add the grated ginger and garlic, mix well and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
Mix in the spices, chili paste, water, and the potatoes. Stir to combine and cover. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
When the potatoes are tender, add the diced tomatoes and peas. Mix well and cover the pot. Cook 2-3 minutes.
Right before you serve, mix in the chopped cilantro.

Now you could serve this with rice or naan, but with the potato in it, it really did not need any other starch or grain with it we thought. We loved this dish - it's going to be a make again. It even froze and reheated well for leftover lunches!

No comments: