January 23, 2011

An absolutely incredible vegan meal....

So incredible you won't even miss the meat!

I love the website Eating Well and often find so many delicious recipes on this site.

I knew I had some gnocchi in the pantry and some butternut squash that needed to be used up - so this recipe fit the bill.

I can honestly say the only change I made was to use onion instead of shallot and I did skip the currants because it's just not something we enjoy.

This Chickpea, Spinach and Squash Gnocchi was hearty, filling, satisfying and made SO MUCH FOOD!! It really came together quite quickly as well - even with having to cook the squash - I think it took about 30 minutes.

Do make this, I promise even your non-vegan/vegetarian loving spouses or families will enjoy it and be satisfied.

(on a side note, I find it funny that Chrome thinks Gnocchi is a mis-spelled word!)

No comments: