January 23, 2011

Well, that was a BIG FAT FAIL!


the hubs asked me what I wanted for my birthday for dessert since we were not going out - he was happy to go to the bakery and get me something - but in all honesty all I was in the mood for was a piece of chocolate cream pie with a baked crust.

So I opted to make it myself.

And well, the taste was great but it just never solidified the way I had wanted it to - you know so when you cut it you get a nice solid piece of chocolate cream? Instead I kind of got a pudding in a pie crust mess.

The flavor, again, was great - it was just that it never got thick enough. I followed the Hershey's recipe to a T (as you can gather, mine looked NOTHING like this picture!!) but I just don't know what to do to make it again and make it set right. Any suggestions? This isn't a dessert I'm ready to accept as a failure just quite yet.


No comments: