April 9, 2012

Bangers and ... Mash???


So we all know the hubs makes sausages, and he makes the best bangers! Out of this world!

Instead of doing potato with it, as usual, I opted to try a recipe I found on Pintrest for Cheesy Cauliflower Cakes, they looked easy enough and delicious so I thought I'd try them out. Oh heavens! YUMMY!!! They were truly easy to make and really quite tasty! I can't wait to make these again. They were a great alternative to mashed potatoes or potato pancakes.

The best part of these little buggers was that they were incredible leftover the next day warmed up a bit and placed on a salad with some chicken pieces and veggies. SO good on the salad (and a little ranch dressing doesn't hurt!)

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes

1 head cauliflower
2 large eggs
1/2 c cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 c panko
1/2 t cayenne pepper (more of less to taste)
salt & pepper
I used canola oil here instead of olive oil to eliminate burn factor.

Cut cauliflower into florets & cook in boiling water until tender about 10 minutes. Drain. Mash the cauliflower while still warm. Stir cheese, eggs, panko, cayenne & salt to taste.

Coat the bottom of a griddle or skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across. Cook until golden brown & set, about 3 minutes per side. Keep each batch warm in the oven while you cook the rest.

On a side note, my head of cauliflower was so big, I got so many of these little buggers!

No comments: