April 9, 2012

The Bundt Cake Pan.. WHO KNEW?!


That it can do more than make a cake?!

Thanks to Real Simple, I will NEVER EVER EVER roast chicken any other way again.

I've made two chickens this way in two weeks, both equally as delicious and wonderful.

I spray the bundt pan with cooking spray and place it on top of a small foil covered cookie sheet. Then I season my bird, place it on the tube of the bundt pan, season a bit more, and while I could do potato and veggies in the base, I just opt to do some water/wine/lemon - whatever - just to keep things from burning.

I roast the chicken, based on the size at 350 for two hours, or until done.

This yields the most moist, juicy, crispy skinned chicken the hubs and I have ever eaten. And really, the bundt pan comes right clean and I've YET to have any spill on to the cookie sheet at all. It's fantastic! No big roaster to clean when I'm done or no pesky rack to get the goo off of.

Do try this, you won't be sorry!

No comments: